Is your Estate Planning in Order?
Test your knowledge with our Estate Planning Basics Report Card:
- Last Will and Testament
- Trust (if applicable)
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Living Will and health care surrogate designation
- Inventory of all your assets (so loved ones can identify account numbers, if safe deposit box – the key – identify where the assets are located, etc.)
- Are the beneficiary designations on your life insurance up-to-date?
- Do you have all your creditor info written out so family members can notify of your death (mortgage company, credit cards, utilities, etc.)?
- Have you pre-paid or pre-arranged your funeral?
- Are your important papers organized (birth/marriage certificates, immigration/citizenship papers, prenuptial agreements, Veteran discharge papers)?