Laurie Ohall, Board Certified Elder Law Attorney Brandon FL

Board Certified Elder Law Attorney Brandon FL

Ms. Ohall is a Florida Board Certified Elder Law Attorney, and is also a licensed attorney in the state of Ohio.  For almost 20 years, Laurie Ohall has been serving the legal needs of Tampa Bay area families.  It is her mission in the practice of law to protect, honor and educate her clients.  She advocates on behalf of her clients in the areas of Medicaid Reform and resident’s rights (in ALFs and nursing homes). She also provides clients with comprehensive estate planning including wills, trusts, and advanced healthcare directives, and gives Tampa area seniors and their children peace of mind as they navigate Florida Elder Laws. Her blog is updated regularly to educate Florida residents about the laws affecting seniors, estate planning and probate.

Elder Law     Estate Planning    Guardianship     Probate     Special Needs Planning 

Planning for Savings and Long Term Care

In an AARP blog post last month A Tale Of Two Americas, I read about the fact that almost 20% of adults age 55 to 64 have no retirement savings. None. Nada. Zilch. That is a pretty scary statistic. What is the plan for these people – are they going to be working until they die (or worse, until they become disabled and can
Learn More

Joan Rivers’ Health Scare and Why You Should Have a Living Will

Prior to her death, there was a lot of conversation going on about Joan Rivers’ health issues following a minor vocal procedure, and the fact that she was in a medically induced coma on life support. Once her daughter, Melissa, had reported that she had been moved into a private room and was being kept comfortable, most people (especially those in the medical profession)
Learn More

Homestead and Marriage – Something To Think About Before You “Tie The Knot”

Homestead and Marriage – something to think about before you “tie the knot”. I have written about this topic before, and like many situations and clients that walk into my office, this one keeps repeating itself.  If you own a house solely in your name, and you are planning on getting married, PLEASE READ THIS. Once a couple is married in the state of
Learn More