I frequently get phone calls from parents with minor children asking about how they can appoint someone as the legal guardian over their child should something happen to them. The answer is pretty simple – you can sign a legal document designating an individual (or individuals) as guardian over your minor children.

If you do not have something in writing (either in your Will or as a separate document), the state of Florida will dictate for you who should step in as guardian over your children.

Attorney, Laurie Ohall,  works with potential guardians to set up Florida guardianships whether it be for a minor child, an incapacitated adult, or a disabled adult child.  Contact our Tampa guardianship law office for a free phone consultation today.